Saturday, March 14, 2009

Superman, Batman and Robin Salute the Boy Scouts


I was a great Cub Scout. I won badges, went on hikes, supplied the baseball bat we used when we played ball and even recruited new members. I never made it to Boy Scouts, though. I flunked Tenderfoot. They kind of insisted I be able to tie knots and after three tests over three successive weeks, it just wasn't happening so I took my baseball bat and went home.
Here, though, from a couple of decades before my doomed efforts, we find the Man of Steel and the Caped Crusaders literally saluting the Boy Scouts of America. Art by Win Mortimer I believe.

2 comments:

  1. I was never in the Scouts, but I had some buddies that were in it. This is really cool. Hope you have a good weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had one of the all-time great Boy Scout troops in my hometown; something like 150 kids joined up. We were guaranteed one overnight trip every month, and had some great ones like a four-day tour of Washington DC. Lots of great memories!

    ReplyDelete