Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Murphy Was Right






Donations anyone?


For the second time in a week, my car died. Last week, when it died on the Interstate, we had to borrow enough money from a relative for a new fuel pump. Tonight, it died in the middle of downtown Cincinnati on the way to a political event my wife had spent three months coordinating. We had to sit for two hours waiting on AAA (thanks to a sympathetic Izzy's Deli for the free latkes!) so we missed the event entirely (and we had the banners!). After 90 minutes, I called another tow truck. Before I could cancel them, AAA showed up and we had to pay for both!! Even then, they could only take one of us home so we sent the friend who was with us so she could drive back and pick us up. Not used to driving downtown, she got lost and had to have me talk her back to us on a cell phone that was rapidly running out of its charge! Sigh. At least it was lovely weather and it HAD been a long time since we'd been downtown. Of course, early tomorrow I'll have to try to convince the garage that I shouldn't have to pay because this seems to be the same thing they said they fixed LAST week!


Since I had my cheap digital camera to take pictures of the event we never arrived at, I snapped some shots of beautiful downtown Cincy at sunset.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    damn, I think your luck is way worse than mine.
    That really sucks about the 2 tow trucks!

    I hope things get better.
    Too bad you couldn't have called someone at the fundraiser to help you (at least get the banners).

    Alan
    jettblackberryx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete