Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Maverick--Coming Soon!

 


About 10 or 11 years ago, I tool on a typing job for Martin Grams, typing some index cards into a Doc file for a book Martin was doing on the classic James Garner/Jack Kelly western series MAVERICK from the late '50s/early '60s. Then I moved on and forgot all about it.

At some point, Martin passed the book on to Linda Alexander, an author who had written a biography of Kelly. I learned about this when the book returned to me from Martin a couple years back, this time for a proofreading and copy-editing job. 

Being rather thorough as I tend to be, I rewatched the entire MAVERICK series (and the later movie and spinoffs) and found myself adding a considerable amount more to Linda and Martin's already detailed manuscript. Martin decided I had added enough that, along with my editing, I should be listed as a co-author.

I had never met Linda but recently friended her on Facebook since we "virtually" collaborated on the project. We're both awaiting a final PDF proof for approval and told it should arrive very soon. The book, to be published by Bear Manor Media, is already up on Martin's website for pre-order. I'd appreciate it if you took a look. Thanks!

There have been several other good books out about MAVERICK, but this one has info not found in those.



No comments:

Post a Comment