Monday, May 13, 2024

Doctor Who Does Yellow Submarine


 
SPOILER ALERT: My son just told me he read this online and it makes SO much sense to me. The Beatles episode of DOCTOR WHO, "The Devil's Chord," is an updated adaptation of YELLOW SUBMARINE!



You have the androgynous, over-the-top villain in blue who wants to take all music away. 






 
We're shown the dark, gray results of this. The heroes arrive in a most unusual mode of transportation and have to save Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and bring back LOVE.



  
When they learn that newer meanies are on the horizon, they even do what the Beatles did--they go out singing! With a bunch of other people! All Together Now!



There's even a Butterfly Stomper (although it's in the previous episode)! Foreshadowing!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that episode and my first thought was of the Yellow Submarine movie. I didn't enjoy the Space Babies episode but they can't all be winners.

    ReplyDelete