Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Dick Tracy at 91


 I'd be remiss if I didn't wish a happy 91st to the ultimate square-jawed hero--Dick Tracy! Tracy was my late father's favorite and he passed that love along to me at an early age with the strip, the cartoons, and the earlier movie serials. In the early 1970s, we bought the out of town copies of the New York Sunday News every week specifically because it had the Tracy strip a full week before it turned up in our local paper! (Don't ask me why but the entire color comics section wraparound was always for the following week.) In the 1970s and 1980s, with multiple trades and mass market books about and/or collecting the strip, then Blackthorne's Dick Tracy paperbacks and weekly comic books, my dad found himself enjoying it all over again, as this time I was sharing it with HIM. So, thanks Tracy! From both of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment