Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Joe Kubert's Tex Willer

Tex Willer has been around for more than six decades and is popular in many non-US markets. It's an Italian western strip that's been made into movies, TV and other merchandise. Every once in a while, they've brought in a well-known artist to draw a Tex story. This one, for instance, features more than 200 pages of masterful art and storytelling from the great Joe Kubert, some of his best of the last 30 years in my opinion!






Dark Horse published something called THE FOUR KILLERS featuring Joe's version of Tex but I never saw it and can find little about it on the Web. Can anyone tell me if it was just a partial reprint of this or if it was new for the American market?

3 comments:

  1. Based on the art you've featured here and my own memories, I'd say it's the same story. I have it from SAF Comics.

    Here's a link where I reviewed the story.

    http://ripjaggerdojo.blogspot.com/2010/02/joe-kuberts-tex.html

    It's an outstanding bit of storytelling. Kubert talked about it in a magazine interview some years ago that I have around here somewhere, and he did the story as a favor for a guy who handles his overseas reprints, or some such thing as that if I recollect correctly.

    He worked on it a very long time.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you haven't spent the last few years looking for this book, as Dark Horse's ad for the book, which is due out next week (March 18, 2015) under a slightly different title as the first USA Printing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought from eBay the English version of Tex Willer's The Four Killers #1, published by Dark Horse Comics (in 2003) and autographed by Joe Kubert. I wonder if that's the only book so far, or if there are other books that would complete the story that began with my purchased book.

    ReplyDelete