Friday, August 26, 2011

Meet Booksteve at the Cincinnati Comic Expo

This year's CINCINNATI COMIC EXPO is fast approaching. I wasn't able to go last year but they've made it virtually impossible for me to miss it this year by moving it to within walking distance. A long and most likely painful walk for me at this stage but a walk I've made a number of times.

Tickets are inexpensive and we pre-purchased them back when we had more money than we do now so we are definitely attending this year. If you are, too, look for me walking around with my spanking new BOOKSTEVE T-shirt and say "Hi."

This year's actual guest list is impressive, too, with highlights (for me at least) including the legendary Jim Steranko, the equally legendary Stan Goldberg, Golden Age artist Allen Bellman, Archie writer Craig Boldman, veteran penciler Jose Delbo (he did the YELLOW SUBMARINE comic!), recent CAPTAIN AMERICA artist Butch Guice, the ever-popular David Mack, one of my favorite of the newer artists Chris Sprouse, Vanguard publisher J. David Spurlock, Batman film producer and Archie writer Michael Uslan, and I may even get to meet Rick McCollum, a one-time local artist back in the seventies who went on to bigger and better things! Sadly, I'll have little to no money for the dealers' room but still should be much fun. I hear from all corners that last year's first one was a blast! If you're in the Greater Cincinnati area in mid-September, there are a lot worse ways you could be spending your day. Come hang out with us comics geeks.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Downtown Cincinnati, so I'll plan to be there!!

    ReplyDelete