Monday, May 04, 2009

Wait Until Dark Trailer-1967

One of the creepiest films ever! It's a filmed stage play and it looks it but in this case, that gives an air of claustrophobia that only adds to the ever-mounting tension. Audrey Hepburn in her last role for nearly a decade is absolutely charming and endearing as the blind woman having to use all her remaining senses to outwit several sadistic home invaders! Richard Crenna, arguably the most successful actor to come out of old-time radio, is one. Jack Weston is another (long-time readers may recall my "Jack Weston Rule"--If Jack Weston is in a film, then it's a good film...but that's in spite of Jack being in the film, never becasue of it!) The real revelation, though, is Alan Arkin in an early showcase for his diverse talents. Trained as a comedian at Second City and often in comedic films, he creates a truly terrifying presence in WAIT UNTIL DARK.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this in it's original run when I was a kid. Scared me to death... I love it still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this movie. It's been ages since I've seen it though.

    ReplyDelete