Friday, December 31, 2010

A Geek's Journal-1976


In 1976, I was a depressed sixteen year old comic book geek who loved movies old and new and Beatles music...and I decided to keep a journal. My newest blog, A GEEK'S JOURNAL--1976, debuts tomorrow morning. The forward into the past concept of this endeavor is..."What if there had been blogs in 1976?" I most certainly would have had one and this would probably have been it. Starting tomorrow and for the next year, I will post my journal entries daily as I decipher my ancient handwriting.

As in real life--which it was--some days will be more interesting than others as you follow me on my journey into my high school senior year. Being a pop culture geek even then, there will be talk of movies, TV, music, comics and now-classic TV series. Being a 16 year old male, there will also be talk of girls...although I really didn't know any at the time so don't get your hopes up.

From time to time I will annotate for clarification. A few names will be changed here and there just because and I reserve the right to edit if I feel the need for whatever reason but essentially this will be it: life as it happened for young booksteve! This is a retro blog unlike any you've ever seen. I hope you'll give it a try and see where I end up at the end of that pivotal, Bicentennial year of 1976.

2 comments:

  1. I said it before and I'll say it again--great idea for a blog (and how cool that it's for 1976?)! Makes me wish I'd kept a journal way back then.

    I've already signed up as a follower. No big surprise, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be 'toonin' in.

    I useta wear my shirt collar over my jacket collar like that too. But I was older and shoulda known better. Well, at least I didn't mix patterns.

    Hey Steven! Best wishes for a good year!

    -Thom

    ReplyDelete