Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yahoo's 1959 Top 30 Movies



Tomorrow is my 50th birthday. Here's a Yahoo list of the most popular movies the year I was born--1959. I can't help but wonder how I ever became a movie buff after starting with a year like this! I have even now seen only 4 of these pictures! Perhaps more surprisingly, I have not even HEARD of most of the other ones!

1.
Sleeping Beauty
2.
Eyes Without a Face
3.
The Law Is the Law
4.
Night of the Quarter Moon
5.
Al Capone
6.
The Bandit of Zhobe
7.
Gidget
8.
Thunder in the Sun
9.
Senior Prom
10.
Count Your Blessings
11.
First Man in Space
12.
Stranger in My Arms
13.
Satta Bazaar
14.
Step Down to Terror
15.
Kangan
16.
Kaagaz Ke Phool
17.
Beyond All Limits
18.
These Thousand Hills
19.
Mi Mujer Necesita Marido
20.
Window Water Baby Moving
21.
Lotna
22.
The Devil Strikes at Night
23.
Friends For Life
24.
The Last Mile
25.
In Case of Emergency
26.
The Cat
27.
Island of Lost Women
28.
The Mirror Has Two Faces
29.
Here Come the Jets
30.
Don't Give Up the Ship

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have to agree. I've never heard of most of them either! Happy Birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And something else that 50 - Fifty years ago today little girls all over the country started receiving advertising concerning Barbie!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhjjhYGQtY

    ReplyDelete