Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Elfquest Christmas Card


Wendy Pini doesn't know me from Ernest Borgnine. I'm sure she doesn't recall the frustrated 18 year old trying to find a pen to get her autograph in Philadelphia in 1977 while she was wearing a chain mail bikini. I'm equally certain that she doesn't recall the 31 year old whose wife insisted we drive to Chicago to meet the creators of her favorite ELFQUEST books. Now, I suppose it's possible that Richard Pini recalls a brief correspondance we had a few years back about my trying to keep the ELFQUEST books in stock at my mall bookstore but he still doesn't know me. That said, Richard and Wendy's work has meant a lot to me over the years and I will be discussing it in more depth at some point. I'm more than pleased to hear that the new year will be bringing even more new ELFQUEST stories! Thanks for everything!
For the rest of us, here's a look at a 1979 Christmas card from the Pinis that ran in the fan press at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Very groovy. I still have every WaRP Graphics issue that I waited patiently for every 3 months for several years.

    ReplyDelete