Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bob Peak


I love it when I discover a new favorite that's been there all along! This morning I saw, for the first time as far as I recall, the name Bob Peak. Turns out Bob Peak, an illustrator who died in 1992, has actually been a favorite of mine for most of my life. I just didn't realize it! Bob's innovative design work has come at me since the sixties from movie posters, magazine covers, billboards, record albums and ads. I just never made the connection that the same guy drew/painted all of these! Now there's a book out (that I cant afford at $79.00). If you're also a fan, whether or not you knew it, you can find the book at http://www.bobpeak.com/ .












4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff! A perfect example of an artist's work typifying his time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll find the Dirty Dozen artwork is by Frank McCarthy...but the Peak artwork is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was wondering about the DIRTY DOZEN one but my source had it listed as Peak. It's been removed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Wow! Thank you! I'd always enjoyed this art as well, but never knew the artist!

    ReplyDelete