Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Steranko Characters


Not sure what this was done for but I spotted it on the Net. These are, of course, all characters from the artist's now legendary run on Marvel's NICKY FURY, AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. A Christmas card, perhaps? The art style seems very much of that same period as Steranko's style had evolved much just a few years later. As a big Steranko fan, I knew I had never before seen this image and so thought the same might be said of many of the rest of you Steranko fans out there. Kinda cool, isn't it? Click to see bigger...especially if you have a widescreen monitor!

3 comments:

  1. not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I'm pretty sure it was a present for a fan. it's dead cool, whatever it was for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classic Steranko image! Thanks for posting, Steve. I've previously posted this pic on my blog at http://glasswalking-stick.blogspot.com/2008/12/randomness-conquers-all.html but that was in B&W, so it's nice to see it in colour... and in widescreen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great (I saw this in B/W as well, in an old issue of Comic Book Artist, as a stat of a postcard inscribed to Don MacGregor)...any chance anyone can scan and post the Sterano bio montage artwork out of the back of Steranko History of Comics Volume 1? I miss that one...

    ReplyDelete