Friday, March 05, 2010

Donations For Cincy OTR Con


Author Martin Grams has a special going to benefit the Cincinnati Old Time Radio Convention. Here's what Martin says:

Donations for the Cincy Convention are now being accepted. For $20 plus $4 postage, you can get a copy of my 500 page book, THE HISTORY OF THE CAVALCADE OF AMERICA. It documents the entire history of the radio and TV series. Out of print book, 1998 edition. Retailed $30 (still retails $30).


100% of the profits will be donated to Bob Burchett and the Cincinnati Old-Time radio and Nostalgia Convention. Check or money order can be payable to: OTR Publishing, Po Box 252, Churchville, MD 21028. If you want to send Paypal, visit www.martingrams.com


Martin has in recent years developed a reputation as THE preeminent radio historian of his generation and his many well-researched books on the subject back this up. If you attend the Cincy Con, or if you don't this is a great deal that will benefit them tremendously. Please consider it. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Steven! Sorry to hear you don't have a job yet (I currently make $80 a month otherwise I'd donate). Anyway, I was wondering if you ever got that 1982 Doug Moench interview transcribed? I'm trying to track down exactly what was said about the changes to the Marvel Universe that finally took place in the late 1980s/early 1990s, and your Shooter interview was fascinating, particularly in the light of what Fred Hembeck said http://www.hembeck.com/Destruction.htm

    Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I had forgotten all about that Moench interview until I friended Doug Moench recently on Facebook! I mentioned to him my part in arranging that and then remembered I had planned on transcribing it! I seem to recall starting and it was really hard to make out. I need to find that tape again.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete