Friday, December 05, 2008

Worst Comics Logo Ever?


Okay, here's a new category that will require some audience participation. I'm wondering what the top 10 WORST comic book logos ever might be. Seen here is my personal, off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion. INSANE from Dark Horse in 1988 ran at least two issues (published 7 months apart)of old-fashioned MAD-style parody. There may have been more but these are all I have and it seems thus far to have escaped the notice of the GCD. They're not bad, offering the expected X-MEN parody as well as Godzilla, an excellent take on the Frank Miller-championed LONE WOLF AND CUB, Ah-nold and a dead-on dig at the company's own CONCRETE. The highlight of these two issues, however, is an incredible riff on GRIMJACK by the criminally underappreciated Hilary Barta (do we still have to point out that he's a "he"?). That said, would ANYONE have picked up these titles based on that ridiculous logo alone? Hmmm...Maybe nobody did but me and that's why I can't find 'em in the GCD. Okay. Your turn. You got a worse comic logo?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:08 PM

    If I had to pick the worst logo I've ever seen, it would have to be the logo for the comic book "Grips." I remember not being sure what it even said and having to look inside at the indicia to figure it out. In fact, I'm not even sure the indicia listed the title and it may have been years before I figured it out. --Keith

    ReplyDelete