Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Real World Issues


I've come to truly hate it when the so-called "real world" intrudes on my time-traveling fantasies y'know? Longtime Library readers have seen me through (whether they've known it or not) various family deaths, a foreclosure crisis, repeated car issues, computer crashes, health scares, dog health scares, continued financial crises, being fired at my last job, depression and losing far too many teeth! (Don't forget to floss boys and girls!) Enough travails to make a good country song! Now, when I have new fake teeth, the dog's healthy, we beat the rap on foreclosure, nearly all the bills are paid off and we've been looking at getting a different car just before the first Christmas we really planned on celebrating in years...today I found out that I get laid off at the end of the year.


Sigh.


Granted the circumstances are better than they were the last time I was out of work, but still...


Anyway, I'm gonna try to make it business as usual around here at the Library while I attempt to figure out what to do. Just not today.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    That SUCKS - sorry to hear it, Steve. So NOW is the time to find that job that you LOVE: close to home, light traffic, no jerkoffs, appreciating you and your talents. It's out there, waiting for you to apply.

    Keep your chin up, it'll work out!

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:20 AM

    Hang in, in has to get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can not think of one thing to say-- it sucks, dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, mate. I'm having my hours cut back substantially in the New Year, meself. reckon my wages, meagre as they are, are gonna drop by about around half. not much anyone can say to make me feel any better about it, 'though Gawd bless 'em for trying, but what're you gonna do? like you say, that's the real world. try and keep a stuff upper lip, and all that rubbish,'Steve. it stinks, but, hey! at least you got new teeth!!!

    you take care, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hang in there, buddy.

    John@Pop Culture Safari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve-

    Sorry to hear about the rotten luck.

    Hopefully, blue skies are just right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another example of our sad economic state of affairs. My company has been gradually cutting positions for the last 6 months. No one is safe in today's environment. That said, I still hang with the belief--good, hard-working people will always find a job. Best of luck on your new search.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that. My pay has been cut back the last two years in a row... and it looks like another cut is looming in January. Who'd a thunk it?

    Hang in there. The bad times don't last forever.

    ReplyDelete