Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Creepy Ad


I didn't discover CREEPY, Warren Publishing's latter-day answer to EC, until the early seventies, after my hormones and I had discovered the somewhat more explicit VAMPIRELLA. As with all the Warren mags, its early years were better, presenting lots of good Archie Goodwin stories and art by some of the best in the biz. This "beastselling" paperback looks to have included a goodly amount of that good stuff, boasting as it does Steve Ditko, Angelo Torres, Frank Frazetta and more! If you couldn't find it in your local store (and I never did), you could always order it from Warren's ubiquitous in-house "Captain Company!"

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Warner mags, and started reading them around the same time you did. Have you seen the new Creepy Archives by Dark Horse? I just got my copy and at first glance it's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete