Sunday, May 24, 2015

Discovering Amy Schumer


Apparently, Amy Schumer has been around for 7 or 8 years now and had her own show for three seasons. Somehow I had never heard of her until a few weeks back but all of a sudden she seemed to be everywhere so yesterday I finally watched a clip of her that someone posted on Facebook. Today she's my new favorite person. Cute, smart, perceptive and utterly fearless as a comic. It doesn't all work but, when it does, it works on multiple levels and goes a lot deeper than just dirty jokes. I've spent today overindulging on every episode of her INSIDE AMY SCHUMER series I can find and watching all her clips and interviews on YouTube. If you're easily offended, stay away. Run. Now. If not, however, I highly recommend checking her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment