Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Karloff, Price and the Floradora Sextette-1942

I was very intrigued by the above photo seen on Facebook over the weekend. ED Wynn, Eddie Cantor (in blackface), Boris Karloff, Vincent Price and either Clifton Webb or Danny Kaye. Looks like Webb to me but looks like Kaye's hair. Both were there and one missed this shot.

I found the following text, quoted from author Gegory Mank's book, BELA LUGOSI AND BORIS KARLOFF, that gives background on the above picture.

A little more digging and I found and scanned the below photo from the book DEAR BORIS. The ladies in the back being those mentioned in the above text as well. The two unidentified in DEAR BORIS are British actress Leonora Corbett (l) and Peggy Wood (later the star of TV's I REMEMBER MAMA) (2nd from right).

Now to find that surviving film clip that's mentioned!

No comments: