Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not Brand Echh Cover Restoration


Maybe it's just me but this has been bothering me since since I was 8 years old and I now have the means to fix it so...When the second issue of Marvel's sometimes brilliant MAD-style parody comic, NOT BRAND ECHH (actually called just BRAND ECHH in the early issues) came out in Add Image1967, it was seemingly obvious to anyone that Spidey-Man's mask was meant to have a mouth. I mean, seriously! Just look at the thickness of the weblines in that area and how they seem to form a mouth-like shape! Well, not to worry Marvelites! Below, after all of these years-nay! decades!-- is the long-awaited, restored version of Mirthful Marie Severin's madcap merriment complete with Spidey-smile! What bothers me is that Marie, as Marvel's chief colorist, might have miscolored it herself!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    THIS series was so damn funny..

    IF Marvel needs another Essential title it should be THIS.

    So many funny images and comments.
    The backgrounds are littered with funny bits all over the place.

    Only by repeat readings does one really find all the comical bits.

    Classic.

    I demand that everyone send me their copies now!

    Alan B.
    JettBlackBerryX@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete