Sunday, March 17, 2019

R.I.P. Erica Hagen


Sad news coming from my friend Kathy Coleman who reports finding out today that her memorable LAND OF THE LOST co-star Erica Hagen died this past September. So happy that I talked Kathy into getting Erica to write the Foreword to LOST GIRL/RUN HOLLY RUN. They were able--see below--to get together one last time.

Erica Hagen also appeared in several movies including SOYLENT GREEN and THUNDERBOLT & LIGHTFOOT, as well as many TV series in the '70s. See the clippings below to find out why she left acting. 


Kathy writes: She was a beauty on the outside and even more gorgeous on the inside. When I got together with her to write my book intro, I told her the profound effect she had on me as a child. She said " Me?, I had no idea". She then giggled. I could tell that that made her happy. More beauty for the heavens!
















6 comments:

  1. I will always love you Erica! You made this world a better place to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out today of her passing...RIP my friend, until we meet again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did she pass from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to school with Erica at the University of Kansas where she graduated. She was born in Kansas City but wanted to be in Hollywood. Here success would be in the refugee camps. She would be proud that one of the Hmong just won a Gold Medal in gmynastics at the Tokyo Olympics. Suni Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met Erica while stationed with the Navy in Alaska. She was a wonderful girl who was brought in to judge the "Miss Adak Beauty Contest". I'm so saddened to hear of her passing. I still have my hat that she autographed signing "Eric, our name, Erica Hagen". RIP

    ReplyDelete