Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Best of Booksteve's Library


I have good news and I have bad news.

This next week marks exactly a dozen years since the debut of BOOKSTEVE'S LIBRARY. Wow. It seems like only yesterday. But then, to me, so does 1974, and even 1968. 

Blogging, for me, has been a way for me to write, a way for me to stay in touch with the outside world as I became more and more reclusive over time.

But blogging also seems to have had its moment, with less and less visits per day and less and less time for me to actually blog anything substantial. My social needs have relocated to Facebook, where my posts get more feedback all around than anything I post here. 

So it is with some disappointment that I announce my retirement from regular blogging. My two remaining active blogs will cease to be updated after next week.

BUT...

That's the bad news. The GOOD news is that we will cap this all with THE BEST OF BOOKSTEVE'S LIBRARY! THE BEST OF BOOKSTEVE'S LIBRARY is a nearly 500 page book due out next week that features 100 annotated, illustrated highlights from the past 12 years--reviews, articles, essays, interviews, short stories, etc. And it won't be that expensive (although I don't yet have an exact price) and signed copies will be available directly from me for anyone who wants one. 

I appreciate everyone's support and can't wait for you to see the book! Ordering details will be available very, very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're "retiring" - I've enjoyed reading your blog immensely, even if I haven't commented anywhere near as much as I should. All the best for the future...
    Simon ( cerebus660 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I echo Cer's sentiments, as will many others I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete