Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Frumpy Beat USA


Recently the above fake magazine cover spotlighting sixties older character actors appeared online. I have no idea who created it but it's garnered a lot of "Likes" and "Shares" including from me.

I recognized it immediately as being templated from the below magazine from that era, published by Warren, the folks that brought you CREEPY, EERIE, and FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND. At least a few folks, though, did not, and seemed to think it was real. A lot of other folks wanted a second issue!


So I made this one. It isn't as good as the first one but still looks like a mag I'd like to read!


2 comments:

  1. I love these. The only sad part is Alice Pearce was already dead by summer 1966. I'm amazed that I know who all these people are, even James Westerfield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frumpy Beat is actually a magazine from The Simpsons (Grandpa Simpson was sleeping with the mag covering his face) but no idea who made this bigger online version haha

      Delete