Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don Rosa Finland Interview 2008





A nice, long, self deprecating interview with Don Rosa from what appears to be a Finnish morning TV show. One of my favorite fan writer/artists through the early seventies, I was thrilled when he started doing comics for Gladstone. Don told me once that I was the first person to ask him to do a signing but, as written about previously here on the blog, he politely declined. Nice to see how big he has gotten internationally but I remain perplexed as to why he never quite hit the big time he deserves here in his own country. Don deals here straightforwardly with the eyesight issues that led to his having to withdraw from comics work. I know he has read this blog from time to time and Don, if you do see this piece, I just wanted to say I continue to send good thoughts your way, sir...and thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment