Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nintendo For Breakfast-1989



"Nintendo is for breakfast now. Nintendo is two cereals in one. Wow! Super Mario Bros. and Zelda, too. Mix 'em, match 'em, crunch 'em. You just can't lose! Fruit-flavored Marios, Mushrooms and Goombas. Berry-flavored Links, Hearts and Shields. Nintendo is breakfast news! Nintendo Cereal System-If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em." Mmm, Mmm, Mmm! Following on the heels of our "foreign" comics post on Wednesday, I just had a little Danish this morning over at DIAL B for BLOG. Since we were in the realm of breakfast, I thought I'd offer today's visitors at least a look at some very real, yet virtual cereal from 1989. I personally don't recall seeing the Nintendo Cereal System on the shelves at all but it sounds like a clever idea. Reminds me of those big popcorn barrels that have three types of popcorn seperated by a barrier. I haven't had one in years but I always used to pull out the barrier and then shake it up real good! I'm betting that would have worked with this cereal, too. "Hey, you got your link on my mushroom!" "Well you got your mushroom on my link!" Of course, the obvious question is whether mushrooms , even crunchy, fruity ones, are a good idea for breakfast cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment