Friday, June 30, 2023

My First Drive-In

 


In November of 1970, I talked (as in begged) my parents into taking me to see HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS at the Dixie Gardens Drive-In. Unlike many families in that era, we simply didn't do drive-ins. Ever. But the movie, based on my then-favorite TV show, had opened in September and never came to our neighborhood theaters so what else were we gonna do? Drive-ins usually offered triple features (or more!) but after the main picture, we left. I have long wondered what the movies were we missed that night. Now, I know. Ya gotta love the Internet!

EYE OF THE DEVIL was a 1966 film re-released in 1970 to exploit the then-recent death of its star Sharon Tate.

KELLY'S HEROES is the all-star Clint Eastwood anti-war war comedy which I had already seen at the Madison Theater in Covington.










No comments:

Post a Comment