Monday, October 10, 2011

Three Pussycats

Longtime readers may recall my first professional sale as a writer was an article about the Marvel-produced girlie strip, PUSSYCAT which appeared in various men's mags between 1965 and the early seventies. Mainly, my article (now referenced on Wikipedia I just noticed!) was about the one-shot from 1968 that collected a number of the early strips. My favorites though were the later ones drawn by Gentleman Jim Mooney and written by Larry Lieber. Here are three I found online at various sites in recent months, the second two from the original artwork (found at an auction site).







1 comment:

  1. WOW! Pussycat - I NEVER knew any other strips existed outside of the 1968 one-shot magazine! Thanks for posting these! Is there any way to compile these and any other unreprinted strips into a collection. Marvel needs to have one of these out!

    ReplyDelete