Saturday, January 22, 2011

Richard Fenton Outcault-1977 Article

Here we have an article from the CINCINNATI ENQUIRER SUNDAY MAGAZINE in 1977 extolling the virtues of Richard Fenton Outcault, and rightfully so, as the "Father of the Comic Strips." He was certainly ONE father to the art form. The article was written by a local contributor and was no doubt sold due to the local tie-in fact that Outcault had, at one time, worked for the paper himself.

It got me thinking I should try my hand at similar articles. I wrote and submitted several including one I still have entitled, THE MONSTER KINGS OF THE MOVIES about the continued popularity of Karloff, Lugosi and Chaney, Jr, long past their deaths. With no local tie-in, it was rejected as were all of my other attempts.




No comments:

Post a Comment