Thursday, March 29, 2007

Watchmen Pins




There wasn't a lot of actual merchandising tie-ins forAlan Moore and Dave Gibbons' WATCHMEN when it originally came out back in the mid eighties. In fact, Moore reportedly nixed the idea of merchandising for the fifteenth anniversary also. There was a role playing game module that gave some unofficial background info on some of the characters and their adventures, a portfolio of foreign covers and promo art and the obvious bloody smiley face button. Perhaps least known was this limited edition numbered set of 4 additional pinback buttons on a nifty illustrated card. I actually left my set (# 8361 of who remembers how many) sealed so the card has warped a tad.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    OH YES.

    I left mine sealed also and it really did warp the backing.

    I also have a Watchmen Watch.

    It needs a new battery.

    I'll sell it as is if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I wrote the above post about the Watchmen Watch.

    forgot to sign my work

    jettblackberryx@yahoo.com
    alan bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 AM

    What, no smiley face badge?

    ReplyDelete